Home School Agreements
To ensure that the children get the most from their education it is essential that we all work together:
Our Home-School Agreement encourages everyone involved to contribute to making a child’s education a happy and successful one by setting out the roles and responsibilities of everyone in the partnership.
Pupils are asked to agree to
- be prepared for lessons with all they equipment I need.
- do all my class work and homework as well as they can.
- be kind, polite, friendly and helpful to others.
- act safely at all times.
- take good care of school equipment.
- help to keep the school free from litter.
Parents are asked to agree to….
- ensure their child arrives at school with appropriate uniform and equipment.
- ensure their child arrives at school on time and is collected on time.
- make sure their child attends school regularly and provide an explanation of any absence on, or before, the child’s return to school.
- support their child in homework and other opportunities for learning at home.
- attend parent/teacher consultations.
- let the school know of any concerns or problems which may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
The school agrees to…
- work to provide a safe and happy environment for children and staff.
- encourage children to do their best at all times and help them to fulfil their potential.
- give information to parents about each term’s curriculum and homework timetable.
- set, mark and monitor school work and home learning.
- arrange parent/teacher consultations.
- inform parents if there are concerns about their child's work or behaviour.
- keep parents informed about the school's activities through regular letters home.
- encourage children to care for other people and their environment.
These agreements are part f the admissions process and are signed when a child enters the school. They are then kept in the child's file for the duration of their time at the school.