Welcome to the Mandeville PTA however we prefer to call ourselves 'Friends at Mandeville' as the term PTA tends to scare people. We're a friendly group of parents, who meet a couple of times a term to organise social activities for the whole school.
Our aim is to create an inclusive friendly community of parents and carers who work together to provide fun and exciting events that raise money for Mandeville. Ultimately, the money we raise goes back into the school, whether it is the school environment, resources or directly to your child’s development.
Last year we raised a whopping £8,679! This money will go towards the new environmental science area which includes a pond, new iPads and bilingual e-safety assistance training.
The Year Ahead!
We've got a lot of exciting things planned this year and hope to fund a school minibus and a Playpod – a fantastic outdoor resource to feed children’s imagination in the playground.
Plan so Far (subject to change)
- Thurs 9th Welcome Drinks at the Hare and Hounds from 8pm
- Fri 10th Welcome Coffee and Cakes from 9am (Activity Suite)
- Sat 8th of Nov Autumn Fair from 3-5.30pm
- Fri 12th Dec - Winter Wonderland Disco
- Feb 2015 - Ceilidh - Gaelic folk music and dancing- Date TBC
- Fri 27th Mar - Spring Disco
- 23rd April - Fish and Chips Bingo
- 15th May 2015 - The Infamous M & M Quiz
- 6 June 2015 - Family Fun Day and Dog Show
- 3rd July 2015 - Family Day and Campnight
As you can see we have a busy year ahead, you will never be pressured into volunteering but your support at any event, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
We very much hope you will join us and feel welcome.
Friends of Mandeville