In any community of people living & working together there needs to be a certain amount of “dos” & “don’ts”. The rules are few but consideration and respect for other people and property are given a high priority and good behaviour is expected at all times both inside and outside school. Expected standards of behaviour are continuously reinforced by the class teachers and the rules are shared with children in both the classroom and the school assembly.
This ethos is summarised in our GOLDEN RULES which have been written by the children themselves:
We are kind and respectful, treating others the way that we would like to be treated
We will be confident, positive and determined to be the best that we can be
Parents may find the following helpful:
- Children do not need money in school and therefore money should only be brought for a specific purpose, in an envelope clearly marked with the child’s name and class, and handed to the teacher at registration.
School money envelopes are available at the school office
- Valuable items, including watches and jewellery, are at risk in school and should not be brought. Children wearing earrings may wear simple unobtrusive studs, these must be removed or covered during PE lessons and swimming.
- If you need to drop your child off before 8.40 please use the Breakfast Club, where children will get a healthy breakfast and a chance to play in a safe environment.
- Children not attending after school clubs should leave promptly at the end of the day.
- Children must not leave the school premises unless specific arrangements have been made between the teacher and the parent.
- Electronic toys of any sort should not be brought in. In general children are discouraged from bringing toys and swapping of any kind is strictly forbidden.
- There are certain areas of the school which are out of bounds and the playground is "zoned " for pupils own safety. These areas are made clear to them both in the classroom and in the assemblies.