Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Sports premium funding is provided by the government directly to primary head teachers aimed at improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. in the academic year 2019-20 Mandeville received £19,380 A summary of the aims and key expenditure is outlined below:
1) Ensuring high quality teaching for all through the hiring of specialist sports coaches. In addition to quality provision, this will also develop teachers’ knowledge and expertise.
• Throughout the year, all children will receive lessons in street dance and games delivered by specialist coaches.
•Teachers will take part in lessons for their own professional development.
2) Increase the number and variety of sports clubs available to pupils
•Daily provision of sports activities both at lunchtime and after school run by Rising Stars.
•Sports clubs increased to meet the interests of the children, and now include: Football, netball, trampolining, tennis, cheerleading, gymnastics, multisport, yoga and street dance.
•We have developed both girls and boys football teams team that train weekly and take part in competitive matches with schools in the local area.
•There have been 155 places available in sports clubs at lunchtimes and after school.
•48 of these places were taken up by pupil premium children.
3) Increase intra- and inter-school competition
•Joined the ‘School Games’ programme to increase opportunities for inter-school competitions.
•Girls and boys football teams with regular inter-school matches against local teams. The boys and girls are both entered in the district league and cups.
•Year 5 and 6 have participated in an inter-school Saracens tag rugby Tournament, they have also participated in a hockey tournament.
4) Mandeville has adopted a ‘mile a day’ initiative which encourages personal fitness and wellbeing throughout the whole school. Children and staff walk/ run continuously for 15 minutes every day. We have built a purpose made all weather track to ensure that this happens all year round.